Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Quest for low level knowledge

I have been coding for a long time but the thing is I taught myself. There have been project websites and blog entries that have me befuddled. Allot of the people I look up to in this field like Thibault Imbert have an amazing grasp of these low level aspects of computer science. I seek to understand this so that I may turn my software creations into powerful inventions I can use to help people. Truly computer science feeds into my passion for invention and design.
That being said I have chosen some books to consume!
These are :
  1. Concrete Mathematics
  2. Introduction to 80x86 Assembly Language and Computer Architecture
  3. Code—The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
  4. Design and Graphics - Complete - Digital Design
  5. Write Great Code: Understanding the Machine, Volume I
I believe these books will take me to the mother land which is only the first few steps on my adventure. I am also reading the first few chapters of Thibault's book:
  1. What can you do with bytes.

No comments:

Post a Comment